Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween!- 2012


Our friends came over for chili and then it was time to hit the streets!
Jeffrey is Zorro- he had no idea who that was when we found the costume but he was intrigued when I told him about it and he loved the ensemble so Zorro it was!  Mary Beth LOVED this elaborate princess costume we discovered and asked if I could make her a velvet cape with a hood to go with it.  Luckily I had a pattern in one of my books so it was pretty easy.  I want to get some more fabric though and make it reversible- I didn't finish the edges so I could do that later- it wasn't noticeable...

Here they are with their buddy Shia.
 
 

I'm a witch!  Again...
 

A bunch of the neighbor kids all trick-or-treated together.  It was so cute.
 
 

Amber and Shadai
 
 

I LOVE decorating for Halloween!  My favorite is the cauldron I set up with the smoke.
It has been gorgeous weather for 3 years in a row and I couldn't be happier about that.  John sets up the fire pit in the front yard and Amber and I sit and drink cider by the fire while we hand out candy.
 

They were gone a long time this year.  LOTS of candy!!

We let them have a piece a day until they forget to ask(which fortunately is about 4-5 day) and then we save a bunch for gingerbread houses and throw the rest out(well, whatever I don't sneak in the meantime).  They love to sort it and rummage through it on Halloween night though- I remember loving that too...  they had a fun time!
 
Another Halloween a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment