Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

where have all the apples gone?

I have always wanted us to go apple picking so when I found out about the pesticide free apple orchard nearby I was so excited to take the kids. Plus it was going to be free!

So off we went- but sadly, there were LITERALLY no apples!! Well, there was about 4 or 5 but they were VERY difficult to reach. I had to climb a tree...
So the kids found other things to do. Such as meditating apparently.
And balancing.
Here's one of our apples that I nearly killed myself procuring.
The kids were loving the tree climbing!
They would have gone 500 feet up if I hadn't screamed for them to stop because they were going to fall and break their necks.

Here are the fruits of our labor.
We didn't even bring them home because they were spotty and lumpy.
I thought this was funny. Mary Beth kept lugging around this big stick.



They loved this tree. It was all hallowed out and black/charcoal-y on the inside. John said it looked like it was struck by lightning. We had a nice afternoon playing in the orchard despite the lack of apples. Maybe next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment