Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Goodbye Tony...


Tonight my dear Uncle and Godfather went to Heaven.

I know he is not in pain anymore- the cancer, finally gone.
I know he is happy, I know he is in a better place...
but still, I'd rather have him here with us.


My heart hurts... Tony, we will miss you so much.
The kids said that they know you are now their guardian angel but they are so sad-
I wish more than anything this all hadn't happened to you. You were such a wonderful, loving, caring man. And you loved your family so much- and I know you still do.

I feel so thankful that I got to spend that time with you recently.
Rest peacefully Tony... we love you.


God looked around his garden
And found an empty place;
He then looked down upon the earth
And saw your tired face.
He put his arms around you
And lifted you to rest;
God's garden must be beautiful
He always takes the best.
He knew that you were suffering,
He knew you were in pain,
He knew that you would never
Get well on earth again.
He saw the roads were getting rough
And the hills were hard to climb;
So he closed your weary eyelids
And whispered "peace be thine."
It broke our hearts to lose you,
But you didn't go alone,
For part of us went with you
The day God called you home.

No comments:

Post a Comment