Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Our Adoption Fundraiser Yard Sale {day 4-last one!} Complete Success!!!


So, I found this picture on my phone of the first day of the sale... seems like so long ago now!

and here's some pictures I snapped today towards the end.

The story behind this:  I wanted to sell the horse but the kids wouldn't let me so they decided we could just charge kids to ride on it!  Win, win, right?  ha!

this penguin, which was part of the display advertising our sale, was probably the biggest hit of the whole week!  He was the most coveted item- we could have sold him at least 100 times, I kid you not!
That and:  the globes, the chalkboard, and of course the teepee! :)

Most of the big items sold- we were down to this assortment this morning.  By the end of the day, many of these were gone too.

I know everyone is curious about what the grand total was so here we go!  You will NOT believe it- we cannot believe it ourselves.  After many donations and hundreds upon hundreds of sales our huge yard sale made:

$7000

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!
This means so much to our family- you have all become part of our daughter's story...
in a big way.
I will be blogging more soon about all of the acts of kindness we have encountered over this past week so stay tuned!  We feel honored to live in a community that is so supportive, so generous, so kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment