Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cub Scout boat races

last night was The Regatta

here's the boats
Jeffrey racing Shia- didn't go well... when Jeffrey blew on his sail the sail turned to the side and then the boat didn't go. He was kinda frustrated- as was I! I think we were supposed to secure the sail to the mast with glue or something... Same thing happened to Mick and a few other boys. Races only seem fun if you are winning...at least some of the time. Just sayin'...







Mickey got better.


The boys raced against each other 1 time- Mickey won.


Jeffrey figured out that he had to blow on the boat, not the sail and then he started winning races. He ended up coming in 3rd place! Mickey, however, had a melt down after losing a very tight race and ended up in the car. M-A-D.


The whole thing was very stressful for me and apparently for our boys too! Both of them cried at some point- one of them cried 2 times(or 3- I lost track). We need to work on being a good sport and not a sore loser some more I guess... jeesh! John looked at me and said"huh. I wonder where they get that." I don't know what he's talking about! I'm totally fine with competitions.


As long as I win...

No comments:

Post a Comment