Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

ballerina girl

Tonight was the big night: Mary Beth was starting ballet!
she was soooo excited! and had been counting down the days...

she packed up her ballet bag(the one she has owned since age 2) and off we went.
we had a rocky start(a few tears and anxiety) but she was very brave and ended up watching for awhile and then did her ballerina moves by me at the door. since she has been practicing for years she was really good! her teacher noticed and complimented her. i got her an ice cream cone afterwards for being so brave and she assured me that next week she will join in with the rest of her class. I was very proud of her- I know it is difficult for her to be in new situations(especially since she didn't know anyone there) and she handled it very well. I have been waiting for this day for 5 1/2 years and I will always remember her first day of ballet.



my pretty little ballerina!

No comments:

Post a Comment