Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

flashback: 1st day 2008

I was just looking at some back to school pictures from 2 years ago and I thought I'd share them... they(of course) made me all teary-eyed.

Mickey: 2nd grade and Jeffrey: Kindergarten
the are all 2 years apart in school so 2 years ago was the same senario we are in this year- but this time Jeffrey starting 2nd and Mary Beth starting Kinder. Where did the last 2 years go??

Mary Beth was 3 and starting her first year of Pre-school.
Look at how teeny-tiny she was! My little peanut...
Tonight when I was giving Mickey a hug and kiss goodnight he told me to stay in his bed hugging him forever and ever. I quickly thought about how I had to go do about a million things(like laundry, dishes, paying bills, ect.) but then I realized how insignificant all that stuff was. So I stayed with him a LONG time because I wanted to cherish the moment. I told him that pretty soon he wouldn't want Mommy and Daddy to hug and kiss him goodnight. He looked mortified, gasped out loud, and asked why. I told him he would think he was to old for that. He got a very sad look on his face, hugged me super tight and said that he promises that will never, ever happen. I hope he's right because I don't think this Mommy's heart could take it. I don't like this whole growing up thing AT ALL.


No comments:

Post a Comment