Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Special Christmas Projects {this year}


We bought this beautiful little Frasier Fir at Lowe's for our second tree.  Since we spend so much time in the kitchen area of our house I wanted a tree in there as well.  It was well worth the extra $20 bucks.

I wanted the ornaments to be special and have the homemade look/feel so I did some searching around for ideas and used some special things I already had.  The tree skirt was a faux sheep-skin rug from Ikea which Boo fell in love with so it spent more time on the ground than around the tree unfortunately.
 
 
 
 

Here is what I put on my little tree:

I punched these numbers out of scrapbook paper, modge-podged them onto the backs of glass drops and hot glued some bakers twine on.  I ran out of drops so I will finish all the way to 24 next year...

I found these cute felt acorns in the vase filler section at Target and then hot glued bakers twine on them to make cute ornaments.

These are some little woodland creatures I got at Target several years ago- I just tucked them here and there in the tree.

These are some yummy cinnamon spice ornaments I made the first year we got married.  They still smell great and they also make great gift embellishments!

To make this garland I just punched out a million stars from glittery, musical note scrapbook paper I found at Michael's.  Then I just fed them through my sewing machine randomly and ta-da!  I love it.
Oh, and I stuck some deer antlers John found while hunting last year in the tree too. :)

And my most favorite thing I made this year was these advent calendar.  I got the idea here.  You can download and print these tags there too(they'd be great for so many other projects too!)
 
 
 
 

Some of them had a special meaning attached to the date- like this one.  This was the day of Mary Beth's Nutcracker Ballet.

This was just a super cheap napkin ring I found at Target and thought it looked like a cute wreath.

This one is my fav!  Isn't this glittery deer the greatest??  Also from Target...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment