Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

yesterday and today

here's what we did yesterday:




and here's what I did today:
made the yummiest, moistest, 100% whole wheat bread in my $10 yard sale bread machine
it was my first time trying the machine out and I used a recipe I found online and tweaked it a bit. I was really nervous it wouldn't turn out because: 1. i'd never used a breadmaker before
2. i'd never made whole wheat bread before and heard it can turn out really dense
3. i changed some stuff in the recipe
(used almond milk instead of milk powder and honey instead of sugar) &
4. i didn't have a thermometer to check how warm the almond milk was
but, despite all of this it turned out AMAZING! i am going to have to make a loaf everyday now to keep up with how fast we go through it but it's so quick and easy that it will be no problem!
now i won't have to buy bread anymore and we will have healthier, tastier bread to eat!
let me know if anyone wants the recipe and i'll post it.
Now I'm getting ready to make Pioneer Woman's Baked Lemon Pasta and a side salad with lettuce from my garden- I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment