Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

school lunch, grrrrrrr....

Check out this article on school lunches in France(my friend mentioned she had read an article about it so I googled it). I just find it so interesting because lately I've been helping the kindergarteners during their lunch time and have witnessed how short a time our children have to devour their food. And guess which foods on their tray they choose to eat first? You got it: NOT the fruits and veggies. So then guess which foods get dumped into the trash can when they are told tough luck, lunch time is now over? Right, the fruits and veggies. Same goes for the 2-3 kids per class that bring lunch from home. That's why I ONLY pack a fruit or veggie and a sandwich. That's all they have time for anyway and there's no unhealthy choice to eat first. Is 10-15 minutes suddenly enough time to eat a great, healthy lunch without shoveling it down your throat as fast as you can? NO! What can be done to change this I wonder...

No comments:

Post a Comment