Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

yummy red beans and rice

First off- homework!
Tonight I made red beans and rice for supper and it was a big hit- everyone finished their whole plate and said it was delicious. We ate it with lots of fruit. Here is the recipe(my own variation of different ones I found online):

2 Tbls. olive oil
1/2 c. chopped onions
1/4 c. red peppers (or green)
2 cloves of garlic- chopped
1 can of black beans- drained (I used spicy)
1 can of diced tomatoes(dump the whole can in)
1 t. oregano
1 Tbls. cider vinegar
1/2 t. salt

I just heated up the oil and sauted the onions, peppers, and garlic in it. Then I added everything else and heated on simmer until my rice was done cooking. I started the rice before I started the bean dish. I suppose it simmered for about 1/2 hour(keep stirring). I served it over brown basmati rice but you can use any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment